The following information is published announcing the USS Kitty Hawk (CV/CVA-63) Veteran's Association Program for calendar year 2019 This Program is provided to assist students who have demonstrated ability and desire to receive an education beyond High School. The Program for this calendar year will provide three(3) $1,000.00 Scholarships to the winners of an open competition for High School Seniors or currently enrolled students attending a University, College, Technical or Trade School, or those planning to attend a University, College, or Trade School commencing after July 1, 2019.
ELIGIBLE SCHOLARSHIP PARTICIPANTS: To be eligible for consideration for granting of a scholarship announced herein the student must:
1. Be a direct relative, male or female of a member, or deceased member, of the USS Kitty Hawk (CV/CVA-63) Veteran's Association. A direct relative would include: a son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, etc., including legally adopted children or grandchildren.
2. Be a graduating high school senior, or currently enrolled as a full or part time student at a University, College, Technical or Trade School.
3. Plan to attend an institution of higher learning, Technical or Trade School commencing after July 1, 2019.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Each applicant wishing to be considered for a scholarship must provide the Scholarship Committee prior to April15, 2019, the following:
**A Completed USS Kitty Hawk Veteran's Association Scholarship Application in letter form to include the following Information and/or attachments:
1. A certified copy of the student's scholastic record from the high school, university, college, technical or trade school which they are presently attending.
2. Two signed letters of recommendation from adults who are familiar with the applicant, other than school staff or a parent/guardian.
3. A statement of the applicant's past year accomplishments and activities (including church, community, or social) and their career educational goals.
4. An essay (500-750 words) double-spaced, entitled: "What is my Obligation to the United States of America."
5. Provide picture suitable for posting on our Association website and publishing in our newsletter. Print name, month and year the photo was taken on the back of the photo. Place the photo in an envelope
NOTE: Applications received after April 15, 2019 will not be considered
SUBMISSION: All applications must be submitted to the Chairman of the USS Kitty Hawk (CV/CVA-63) Veteran's Association Scholarship Committee no later than April 15, 2019, at the following address:
Mr. Richard Orth
USS Kitty Hawk
300 Town Line Road
Eitzen, MN 55931
UTILIZATION OF SCHOLARSHIP: The Scholarships awarded for Calendar Year 2019, by the USS Kitty Hawk (CV/CVA-63) Veteran's Association shall be utilized at an institution of higher learning, including University, College, Junior College, Technical School or Trade School, or other schools or institutions deemed appropriate by the USS Kitty Hawk (CV/CVA-63) Veteran's Association Scholarship Committee. The monies awarded for each scholarship shall be paid directly to the Institution or School to which the recipient will attend in the name of the recipient. The monies shall be used for tuition, books, and or other fees and direct educational costs required by the institution or school.